- Up to 20 people will be allowed to attend funerals
- Categories of who can attend set to change
- Mask regulations apply to funeral directors
As part of the Phase III announcement of easing lockdown, Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon today announced that up to 20 people will now be allowed to attend a funeral from next Wednesday, 15 July.
She also said restrictions would be removed on the categories of people who could attend funerals, which have generally been limited to close family or people living in the same household only.
The new rule does not apply to gatherings after, such as a wake, which remain subject to the rules that apply for all other indoor and outdoor gatherings, which were also eased today.
The new 20 limit for funerals is subject to “strict rules” on the two-metre physical distancing.
Miss Sturgeon said the restrictions on funerals during lockdown had been “incredibly touch, in many cases heart breaking”.
The Government also confirmed that new rules on wearing face coverings in in shops, retail settings and in private hire vehicles, which come into operation on Monday 10 July, applied to funeral director businesses.
More details are here: https://blogs.gov.scot/funeral-industry/2020/07/10/face-coverings-mandatory-from-10-july/